Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /usr/home/whlibrary/public_html/history.westhartfordlibrary.org/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php on line 1173

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /usr/home/whlibrary/public_html/history.westhartfordlibrary.org/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php on line 1690
Local History Collections, West Hartford Public Libraries · West Hartford History Online
West Hartford History Online
Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:


Advanced Search (Items only)

Local History Collections, West Hartford Public Libraries

Title

Local History Collections, West Hartford Public Libraries

Collection Items

What a Free Library does for a Country Town
Image of circular promoting the creating of free and public libraries in Connecticut towns.

St. James's Episcopal Church and Rectory, South Main Street
Photograph owned by St. James's Episcopal Church showing the original church building on South Main Street. Digital copy created by West Hartford Public Libraries.

Town Center West Office Building
Color photograph showing the office building on the north side of South Main Street.

Sinatro Building, Lasalle Road
Photograph showing the Sinatro Building on Lasalle Road in West Hartford Center in 1964.

Sage Allen Department Store
Photograph showing the Sage Allen Department Store on Farmington Avenue in West Hartford Center in 1964.

Plimpton's
Photograph showing office building located on Farmington Avenue in West Hartford Center in 1964. Businesses in this building include Plimpton's, Bill Lehmann's Paint, and The Women's Exchange at street level and J. Watson Beach and Company,…

Bollerer's Flowers
Photograph showing the building at the southwest corner of Farmington Avenue and Lasalle Road in 1964.

S. P. Dunn and Sons
Photograph showing the S. P. Dunn fabric store on Lasalle Road in 1964.

Lasalle Road, West Hartford Center
Color 35 mm slide showing a street fair during a Memorial Day celebration in 1976.

Commercial buildings, Farmington Avenue, West Hartford Center
Photograph showing commercial buildings on the south side of Farmington Avenue in 1964. Business in these buildings include the Cheese Shop, West Hartford Upholstering, the Kennel Shop, Greene's Footwear, Kingswood Cleaners, and Frank, Hairdresser.
View all 13 items